1. Besan (gram flour) : 1 cup
2. Onion : 1 (cut into thin slices)
3. Green chillies : 4 (slit and cut into two pieces)
4. Ginger(chopped) : 1 teaspoon
5. Asafoetida(hing) : a pinch
6. Baking soda : a pinch
7. Chilli powder : 1/6 teaspoon
8. Ajwain : 1/8 teaspoon
9. Spinach(Palak) : 8-10 (chopped)
10. Salt : to taste
11. Oil : for deep frying
Mix together all the ingredients (except oil) with a little water into a thick mixture.
Heat the oil in a frying pan. When the oil is heated, reduce the flame to medium . Put the mixture into the heated oil with a teaspoon.
Repeat the procedure.
Turn the pakoras and fry till crisp.
Drain the pakoras, remove from fire and serve with mint/coriander chutney or tomato sauce.